Tuesday, December 13, 2011

WHAT I DON’T KNOW: Another Look at God’s Blessings

Here is what I know . . .

*My God loves me

*He sent His son to die for me

*I am forgiven

*My immediate and extended family loves me

*I have friends who love me


What I don’t know (a partial list) . . .

*Why I was born in the United States of America

*Why I was born to two parents who loved me, provided for me and have remained faithful to each other all of their marriage.

*Why I had the opportunity to attend elementary/secondary schools, college and graduate school.

*Why I had the opportunity to meet a wonderful woman to whom I have been married for 30 years.

*Why we have three great children who have chosen to put Christ at the center of their lives and live for him in amazing ways.

*Why I have had the honor to be an associate pastor in a healthy church with a nurturing Senior Pastor/staff and invest in the lives of youth for over 30 years.

*Why I live in a place where I can see the awesome creation of God through the mighty Pacific ocean and majestic mountains every day.

My life has had its share of ups and downs but when I look back at the “highlights” I am astonished to see all the gifts placed in my lap. I have not “deserved” any of these. I could have been born anywhere else in the world in a war-torn, impoverished country to a single mom with little to no resources, no home, little opportunity to ever attend school, all without the benefit of hearing God’s great news and experiencing it in the ways it has been modeled to me over all these years.

God loves all his creation. Why I landed in this wonderful situation I cannot reasonably explain but I can thank God for this blessing. He has blessed me with a gift I did not earn but a gift I will humbly and happily accept.

What has He given you?

No comments:

Post a Comment