Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hot and Cold

Over these last days we have had the kind of weather people think we have all the time in Southern Califoria. While most of the country was thinking about ice tonight I was sitting OUTSIDE Starbucks with some high school students in my shorts and t-shirt. These are the moments where I get to "gloat" and so I admit to enjoying it.
I have lived here so long many forget I spent the first half of my life living in Pennsylvania (near Lake Erie no less!), Maryland, Illinois and Kentucky. I remember snow drifts, icesickles and freezing cold and . . . I don't miss it.

Some would say they love the seasons. I get that. I do miss the colors of fall. I do miss the emerging of spring but to be honest I would be happy with a wardrobe of board shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops year round.

I would love to have days like this everyday but even in Southern California we get rain (thankfully!). We occasionally have some "cold" and in late May, all of June we get invaded by fog for most of the day. Earthquakes, fires and droughts are a part of our profile as well.

There is no perfect place on earth. As a Christian my eternity with God has already begun. I'm okay with this place for now. I can only imagine what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment