Friday, March 6, 2009

Connected


A few times a year, as a youth pastor, I am required to go join a bunch of other lead pastors, associate pastors, youth pastors, worship pastors and every other kind of imaginable pastor for some of time interacting, training, praying and being encouraged. These days away never seem to come at good times BUT when I'm there I am thankful. Why? Days away from family, a back log of work, people who need to be visited and more hardly ever sounds appealing. Getting together with all these teammates puts it all back into perspective.


I was born into a connectional denomination. Translation: We do a lot of things together we could not do individually. Our connection brings additional resources. Interacting offers challenging ideas and new directions. Being trained together adds encouragement and sense of purpose in Christ.


I come home (I came home yesterday) honored to be a pastor of youth and more committed to excellence in my work and faithfulness to the Lord.


I like belonging to the Free Methodist Church of Southern California. We're not the only good thing happening in the kingdom of God but I'm happy to be on this team.


Want to know more? Check out http://www.fmcsc.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment