Sunday, May 29, 2011

Profiles of a Team, Part Four



One week from tonight and two more team member profiles (I know one very well!) . . .

MIKE PARK . . . Mike has been a faithful volunteer youth ministry leader for tons of years. I've actually lost count. His loyalty, consistency and love for God have been a tremendous blessing to the youth and the ministry overall. This is Mike's first missions trip and he is excited to go. His calm and confident presence will add depth to our leadership and care for the team. Pray for him throughout this week as he continues in his full-time job at the Santa Barbara News-Press and prepares to leave his wife and jr. high daughter behind to join us in ministry.

DOUG RANCK . . . Since 1988 I have been leading international missions teams to Mexico (Santa Ana, Tecate, Ensenada and Los Mochis), Ecuador, Antigua West Indies and now for the second time to Costa Rica. Though I have led almost 20 missions teams each one presents a new challenge and further dependence upon God. I am excited about the quality of this team and the potential for our small but effective impact. Pray for me as I think through the massive check list and make all the necessary decisions to ensure our safe and successful time in Costa Rica. Pray that I will lean fully upon Christ for wisdom and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment